Previously known as Hartshorn Centre, Fricano Place was built in 1885 as the Hartshorn Curtain Roll Factory. It was the only manufacturer of window roller shades in the world and operated as a factory until the early 1980s. After production ended, the building went through a series of short transitions as the Lumbertown Mall and Waterfront Center. In 2001, the building was purchased by John Bultema II and George Bailey for commercial space and was renamed Hartshorn Centre. A year later, Fricano’s Muskegon Lake became a tenant and opened their restaurant for business. In 2009, Ted Fricano and his wife, Jennifer purchased the entire building with a vision of securing a future for their children and revitalizing downtown Muskegon with good, honest businesses.